CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rabbit Revenge



















TO SEE MORE OF KAI SPANNUTH'S VERY COOL ARTWORK, CLICK THIS LINK

I ran over a rabbit yesterday morning and feel rather bad about it. I was driving at about 50 MPH along Highway 7 on my way home from work when this rabbit decided to make his way out into the road. I swerved to avoid him--actually went all the way over to the wrong side of the road, as there was nothing coming towards me--but he managed to keep coming and I clipped him with my back wheel. I couldn't bring myself to look back. I'm quite sure that with a one ton car vs. a 5-ish pound rabbit, the little dude is history.
I feel bad enough as it is, but to make matters worse, I now find myself worrying that this Mythos-looking rabbit shown in the above photograph may be stalking me to avenge its unfortunate hit-and-run victim kin. I'm sorry, Mutant Mythos Rabbit--truly, I am! Please don't drag me down to your burrow and sacrifice me to Nyogtha or whatever eldritch horror your kind worships!

2 comments:

C.J.Duffy said...

There was a TV programme recently shown here in dear old blighty that featured a civil servant who lived off of the road kill he found. He simply scrapped the dead creatures up and stuffed 'em into his freezer. Perhaps you should follow suit? (And me a veggie!)

THE APOCOLYTE said...

Silly Rabbit...
why you kill you self like dat?
Lily, the next time a death-wishing lepus leap-uss at your vehicle, step onna gas and turn into it! At least your guilt will be valid...
does your car look like a carrot? maybe that would 'splain it...